Thank you for your interest in the Raisin Township Fire Department. The following information has been compiled to assist you with the application process.
Raisin Township Fire Department is a Paid-on-Call department. We operate with one part-time employee at the station Monday through Friday from the hours of 8am – 5pm. We respond to all emergency and non-emergency calls for assistance within Raisin Township, as well as provide additional assistance to neighboring communities when requested by their local department. Paid-on-Call employees carry pagers that alert them of these calls. Those employees that are available to respond to these calls, do so. They drive to the fire station where they pick up the vehicle that is needed for that type of call (ambulance or fire engine).
Firefighter/EMT Job Description
- Protect life and property by performing fire fighting, emergency medical services, hazardous materials, and fire prevention duties.
- Maintain fire and EMS equipment, apparatus, and facilities.
- Perform firefighting activities including driving fire apparatus, operating pumps, laying hose, performing fire containment, extinguishment, salvage and overhaul tasks.
- Participate is training, attends classes in firefighting, emergency medicine, hazardous materials, and related subjects.
- Must posses, or be able to obtain by time of hire, a valid State of Michigan drivers license without record of suspension or revocation in any state.
- No felony convictions or disqualifying criminal histories within the past seven years.
- U.S. Citizens.
- Must be able to read and write the English Language.
- Ability to meet departmental physical standards.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Meet the following training requirements within a designated period:
- Firefighter I & II
- Hazardous Material Awareness & Operations Level
- State certified apparatus driver
- Incident Command System
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Note: Once hired, you have two (2) years to obtain your firefighter training and three (3) years to obtain your medical license. All of this training is paid for by the Township.
- Application review and reference check
- Panel Interview
- Review by Fire Officers
- Background Check
- Approval by Township Board
Fire Department Employment Application